Philippe KLEIN, architect DPLG, is member of UNSFA National Board in charge of International Affairs, and delegate to Architects Council of Europe since 2009 and vice-president for 2018-2019, he is since 2018 General Secretary of CIAF the french section of UIA.
Languages : French, English, German
CURRICULUM VITAE :Philippe KLEIN, is born the 7 June 1960 in Strasbourg.
Studied at the Ecole d'Architecture de Strasbourg from 1978 until 1984, in the workshops of Christian HUNZIKER and Gaétano PESCE. Graduated in 1984 (Director of Studies: Christian HUNZIKER - Members of the Jury: Gaétano PESCE - Max BACHER - Gilles DE BURE - Alexander TZIONIS).
Other training: Architecture of workplaces in 1985, Sustainable Development and Urban Environmental Quality in Construction and Planning in 2003- 2004.
Professional experiences:- 1981-1982: Architect's assistant for Patrick BOEHM, Architect DPLG in Strasbourg, bioclimatic and solar architectural projects.
- 1984: Architect's assistant for Christian HUNZIKER, Architect FAS.
- 1985: Planning Agency for the Strasbourg Conurbation. Study for reuse of industrial buildings.
- 1987: Architect's assistant for BIK Architecture in Strasbourg.
- 1988-1989: Branch manager at Emile Lugger Ingénierie Architecturale in Selestat, creation ofindustrial buildings, office buildings, homes and public buildings.
- 1990: Creation of the "Atelier d'Architecture Philippe Klein" in Strasbourg, located in Traenheim since 2013. Versatile agency working on a variety of projects in the private and public sectors, in new and redeployed collective housing, detached houses, social housing, hotels/catering, trade, public facilities, service industry and agriculture. Professional practice focusing on environmental initiatives, and consideration of the needs and requirements of sustainable development and material quality for all types of use.
- 2001: License to practice in Hesse - Germany.
- 2005: Appointed expert by the Court of Appeal of Colmar.
- Since 2005: Lecturer at INSA Strasbourg, Architecture Section,
- 2007-2011: Lecturer at the University of Strasbourg, Faculty of Law. "Real estate trades"professional license.
- 2015-2018: Lecturer at the Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Architecture de Nancy, –“The architects in Europe”.Professional and social activities:
- 2002: Participation in the creation of the Union of Architects of the Bas-Rhin.
- 2002-2008: President of the Union of Architects of the Bas-Rhin.
- 2003-2017: Member of the Board of CAM BTP Insurance Company,
- Since 2004: Member of the Board of the Bas-Rhin-CAUE [Council of architecture, town planning and environment], since 2008 Secretary
- Since 2004: Member of the Board of the Building Office of the Bas-Rhin - Vice President from 2004 to 2008 and since 2012.
- 2007: Participation in the creation of the Union of Alsace Architects Unions.
- 2007-2009: President of the Union of Architects Alsace Unions.
- 2009-2011: President of UNSFA - National Union of French Architects Unions.
- Since 2009 : UNSFA delegate to ACE
- Since 2009: UNSFA delegate to the International Council of French Architects (CIAF), Vice President 2011-2014, President 2015-2017, since 2018 General Secretary
- Since 2011: UNSFA member of board in charge of International Affairs -2018-2019: Vice-President of ACE