Ruba AbuGheith, Zainab Jamous, Yumna Shelbayeh, Rahaf Ahmad
Al Quds University
Urban Design and Landscape
Based on the high natural value of Croatia and its closeness to the national park Paklenica, it has a unique ecological network of different kinds of species… more
Building space, creating a location more
Dear students, you aim to combine offers of insight into the beauty of location and its natural environment to the public by visiting.
I recommend that you enhance project idea and spatio-technical concepts by
- Avoiding any competition between technical media/ screens/ films/ light and the pure beauty of nature itself,
- Protecting ground conditions, fauna and flora from stepping into them and dstroying valuable parts of them by elevated wooden path systems which allow observation from "above" and which are hardly to be recognized as artificial elements in nature
- Highlighting selected locations by illuminations through filtered and compatible light sources (for limited times per hours of dawn), constructed and hidden underneath the infilled wooden structures
- Reducing the variety of technical elements for playing and initiating events to a minimum amount in order to give utmost respect to your original aim: the beauty of nature itself!
- Selecting a set of structural, textural and material conditions for constructing infrastructural elements (paths and lighting only) in a way which excludes any competion among the artificially infilled materials by colour, reflection, noise ...!
Dear Andrea Haase, It is greatly appreciated that you provided constructive criticism! Your notes will certainly be considered for future developments.
Based on the high natural value of Croatia and its closeness to the national park Paklenica, it has a unique ecological network of different kinds of species that should be more appreciated. Added to that the cinematic value of film tourism and its direct relationship with nature and landscape. Croatia's stunning landscapes have served as the backdrop for eleven films in the classic Winnetou movie series, this has hugely influenced tourists to come and visit film sets and locations not only in Starigrad but also all around Croatia. By making an extension from the national park to our site this will enhance the spirit of the site, and make it more dynamic. plus, preserving endangered species through wetland, beech forests as a buffering area all along the site, as well as planting flowers and plants in a tiny forest. The site plan was formed in a way for users to live a real experience in nature with taking into inconsideration the cinematic aspect (film-montage concept) through a group of scenes, experiences, and sensations that meet in the form of a sequential path to form a diverse experience to be stored in a way of an integrated scene In the user's memory.
The project consists of six sequential zones, to live a set of unique and diverse experiences. The project begins through a road that connects to the hiking trail.
1. The first station: Exploration and Adventure: consists of an overview 5 meters height tower to reveal the whole project from the top and get an initial idea of the site, then the path walks you to see different experiences of exploring nature and protected plants extending from the national park to attract your attention to the importance, visitors can take photographs in order to document them on interactive panels at the end of the road.
Then walking along the coast towards a museum that tells the stories of films that were filmed in different locations, and a plaza to tell stories.
You complete the path by going up to the center (the second stop)
2. The second station: the area of photography and memories: you go up to the central plaza, where you can take a look at different winnetou props, which was filmed in locations in Croatia.
And through the path that moves in an organic way, it forms a restaurant and café overlooking the plaza. The plaza continues to the entrance to the Amphitheater: many films filmed in Croatia are shown on smart technological screens.
The boats can get you the opportunity to watch a movie inside the water.
You can choose a different experience by choosing to go up to the roof of the restaurant and see the view from above of the cinema that is shown in the sea. Pass through a series of plazas, each telling a different story in a cinematic setting
3. The third station: experience walking on the Coastal Way from its beginning to its end, and to enjoy seeing the sea at the night, Watching a movie while walking along the path.
4. The fourth station: swimming area, playground and gym, If you want to enjoy a quiet time on the beach, the area near the water has swimming activities, a play ground and gym.
5. The fifth station: events plaza and relaxing area the area of calmness and enjoyment of watching the sea, in addition to a plaza where a group of events and various activities are presented during the year.
6. The sixth station: Documentation area and green area full of plants, in addition to interactive panels with documentation notes or drawings from the site, and at the end an introductory guide with information and a map for those interested in visiting the real WINNETTOU sites in Croatia
-We took advantage of the natural topography of our site and form different amphitheaters in several locations. more than one path were formed on different slopes.
-Modern technology was used to light parts of the project (paths) through frames that work on solar energy to light up at night.
-Drystone walls was a fundemental part of croatia landscape through history, so we used them in different locations to preserve the land from erosion
-ECO screens: solar powered screens act as a unique cinematic experience outdoors for entertainment