Madalina Codreanu, Iulia Ciungan
"Ion Mincu" University of Architecture and Urban Planning
The concept of the project aims to create a transition from one tissue to another, improving the visual perception of the context. The volume consists of two… more
Learning by doing, understanding that Architecture is a product of the process and that it evolves… more
Dear Madalina Codreanu
Following are my comments for the Design of the Hotel Grivita submitted by you:
- The project detailing as per the project idea are in sync with each other, where you talk about volumes, verticality, response to the neighboring context, etc.
- As for a project based in Service Industry, you need to understand the user group that is going to use your property, and I feel to attract the customers , the Hotel needs to have the aesthetic appeal as much as the luxury it will provide inside it. I feel more detailing is required for the façade, especially when you have two entrances to the Hotel.
- I appreciate the thoughtful staggering of the floor plates, and also the changing sizes of the floor plates as well
- More Detailing in Plans & sections would be nice to understand the project better
- The Minimalistic approach for the interiors corresponding to the exteriors is understood, but then again the whole idea of "creating an experience" for the customer is missing a bit.
- Nomenclature on the Plans, would aid better reading and understanding of them
- As the volumes face various directions, the climate response of the built volumes is going to be tricky to be worked out
- More detailing in terms of services would add value to the Design
All in all, good effort in terms of quantum of work projected, but detailing would make it even better.
Good luck !!!
The concept of the project aims to create a transition from one tissue to another, improving the visual
perception of the context.
The volume consists of two volumes of different heights that intersect, adapting to the height regime of the neighboring buildings.
The facade is segmented vertically,
highlighting surfaces proportional to the facades of adjacent buildings.
The horizontal register formed by the ground floor and the mezzanine directs attention to it, through its massiveness and materiality. Thus, the upper floors do not alter the visual
perception rendered by the height regime of the context
The main access is located on the main facade, while the secondary access, respectively the car access, is on General Budisteanu street.
The ground floor and mezzanine are public spaces, with a restaurant, lobby and conference room.
The rest of the hotel consists of rooms and apartments.
On the ground floor there is an inner courtyard that helps the dialogue
between the restaurant and the lobby