Alena Kokueva, Silviya Al Ubed
Yaroslavl State Technical University
Location: Russia, Yaroslavl region, Karabikha The Greenhouse and the Wine Warehouse - today, are both a ruined red brick building on the borders of the park of the estate of N. A. Nekrasov. They are important visual markers in the sparse estate development. These ruined buildings are located on the borders of the cultural heritage site. That being said, the wine warehouse flanks the estate's eastern entrance and is the first building we encounter at the main entrance. The greenhouse also…
Great image! You definetely have the technical skills and artistic feeling. And as such I will focus more on the details throughout the images.
1) Flowers in grass - Like the idea, just be careful with how much attention the flowers take. Especially the blue flowers are way too satured in comparison to the nice colorgrading of the rest of the image - I would lower the saturation little bit.
2) Framing - Personally I would frame the image so the building one the left is more prominent and working as a foreground. Either by moving the building or by adjusting the framing. Same goes for the tree on the right side I would move it in a little bit more.
3) Banding in the sky - These stripes usually occur when working in jpgs (or any other compressed file format) in postproduction. The way around this is to work with RAW files in more than 8 bit color depth. Personally I use TIFs.
4) Background through trees - Maybe it is correct this way depending on the reality, but usually I would put either models in the background or simple plane with some photo mapped. This way it feels that the proposal is on a hill or something.
5) Wall texture - I have a feeling that the texture repeats itself especially on the marked side (red). Most softwares today have some sort of UVW randomizer that can help you with this. Also is the scale of the brick wall correct? It is hard to tell but always check the scale of your textures.
Nice image! Just a few ideas..:
1) I would maybe add one or two person to clearly show the scale
2) Lamps - Nice detail I would move them a little bit to the left because as of now the lamp creates a tangent with the corner of the building in the back (to read more about this just google
3) Framing - I would add a little bit more space to the bottom of the image (see my sketch included)