Dominika Chrzanowska, Sara Goliszek
Urban Design and Landscape
The Source - Port in the city of Beirut is and idea to create new space for the area of the Explosion. Name "The Source" relates both to the city name "Beirut"… more
Tropical Architecture more
The idea to connect the port functions and people is appreciable.
The presentational panels are fantastic and the balance of colors used and 3D renderings are extra ordinary.
Points to Improve.
1. The idea of radially dividing the spaces to capture the view and to create a focal point at the center involves a fair amount of thought process. But your thought process and effort is not efficiently conveyed through the project description or annotative diagrams.
2. Whenever creating and designing urban public spaces, you always have ask these questions from yourself.
- Who are the users? It is open to everyone or is it for a specific age, group or type of people?
- Why would people come and spend their time here? What makes this place iconic?
- How do I blend people with nature within a urban setting. - Better to always design a buffer zone between the city and nature intended public spaces.
3. It is always advisable to show your design in several layers (i.e. - Asphalt , Greenery , Public Functions, etc..) using a axonometric or isonometric diagram. This would make an impact on the reader at the 1st sight itself.
4. Have several public functions and green pockets which could meet the needs of people in all age categories and all background. This would retain people within the space you design for a longer period and people will always find a reason to visit and get themselves entertained.
Overall the idea is tremendous, creation of a focal point and surrounding it with greenery and allowing people to blend with nature, thought process and implementation of the design idea are phenomenal.
Keep up the good work.
The Source - Port in the city of Beirut is and idea to create new space for the area of the Explosion. Name "The Source" relates both to the city name "Beirut" and to the source of the explosion - they created main concept on how to connect function and design to meet both port infrastructure and people needs. Many circle paths and roads surround the only one building that survived. Silos became our source - of the explosion, of the idea, of the memory spot and of the new Port of Beirut.
In the main part there are public spaces that contain lots of spots for culture. Our aim was to cover the terrain with greenery, art and people. Thanks to that we could separate technical spaces from public ones.
We designed some main buildings with interesting architecture solutions both to inspire and function properly.
Project was made in AutoCAD, Photoshop, SketchUp and Lumion.
It contains 4 boards with analyses, diagrams, plan and visualisations.
Made under the supervision of dr inż. arch Magdalena Sulima.