Maksudul Karim, Nowrin Sultana, Mohammad Shahadat Hossain, Afnan Musammed Inan, Dipa Das
Premier University, Chittagong.
Urban Design and Landscape
• Being a natural site and a tourist space we develop our concept to create a eco friendly garden with multipurpose function, so that one can experience nature… more
Uncensored Architecture more
Hello I hope you are doing well!
I am Jani, a former Inspireli Awards winner and Juror. I have been given the task of giving feedback on your project.
First I would thank you for participating Inspireli Awards. Competitions provide large oportunities to exercise new ideas, and this is the perfect place for an architecture students to expres themselves.
I want to congratulate you on your work and efort put on the creation of the physical model.
Your project is very interesting, but I think more explanation regarding the concept is needed . A graphic presentation of the concept is very important to draw the attention of the audience. What are the reasons that you are zoning the plan like this? Are the functions you propose results of an wider analyse or just sugestions from you as an idea for the eco friendly space? I see you analysed the existing urban context, but in urbanism the analyse is much more complex, you must understand the political and economical context why the urban context evolved like it is and what are those elements that are missing that in your proposition would help everyon in that area. In urbanism half of the work is analyse and you must understand clearly the problems, there is nothing worst than answering right the wrong question. Just saying that to keep in mind for futher projects. Im sure you analysed and understood it well but more graphical explanation is needed. The Nature there is really unique and your organic approach is interesting, the conection with nature, and its preservation is very important. If you propose new buildings it would be better if the buildins are more integrated with nature and more oganic in form, not so rational and ordinary buildings, would feel like the buildings are part of the landscape. The proposition is very dynamic in forms and activities but to explain it better some eye level views, renders or hand sketches would help a lot the wider audience to understand and feel how would it be to live in that place.
Such projects are realised from governments or institutions and in real life where you have to present the project in the institutions often will be people with no architectural knowledge and you have to make it easier for them.
In architecture it is very important how the project is served to a wider audience.
The comments are general and I hope they will help in advancing your project as well as your further studies, and i am very interested in your progres on this topic, as it has high study interest.
I wish you all the best in this humane profession.
• Being a natural site and a tourist space we develop our concept to create a eco friendly garden with multipurpose function, so that one can experience nature through view ,learn and walk.
• The strategy aims to create connections, both physical and virtual, to make living bashbaria easier, and to meet basic human needs.
• The strategy aims to improve economic, cultural and administrative connections for bashbaria to create an attractive tourist destination, and to improve the quality of life for the city’s inhabitants.
To create a city in a garden we proposed some functions such as
• Housing with eco-terrace- For shifting the inhabitants of the existing area. Provide some cultivated land adjoining the housing and a special feature eco terrace. For cultivate their daily needs such as tomato, herb garden, vegetable etc. Adding’s some waterbody where they also cultivate and use necessary water for cultivation.
• Learning garden-An orchard to cultivate seasonal fruits. Super trees are tree-like structures As vertical gardens. It generates light from the wastage, conserve rainwater for use in irrigation and air intake conservatories' cooling systems.
• Commercial-A total urban space for increasing site demand to create an income source
• Super-trees are tree-like structures
• dominate the Gardens' landscape
• They are vertical gardens
• It serves lighting, conserve rainwater for use in irrigation
• air intake conservatories' cooling systems.
• panoramic aerial view of the Gardens.
• coordinated light and music show
Address: Sandwip Ship Ghat Rd, Kumira, Shitakundo, Chittagong , Bangladesh .
Bashbaria bazar is 25 km north of Chittagong. It is a very small bazar. There is a road inside the bazaar which leads to the beach. The main attraction of the beach is that there is an iron bridge which is around half km long inside the sea. One can walk through the bridge. When the water will touch the feet while walking on that narrow bridge it will create a different feel. The large sand field, pine trees etc has made the place more beautiful. The trees have been planted by Forest Department. They have taken initiatives to make the place beautiful. Along with that, there are some picnic spots, where people can spend quality time with family or friends.
• Bashbaria as a tourist spot in recent year
• 25 km north of Chittagong
• An iron bridge which is around half km long inside the sea.
• large sand field, pine trees etc has made the place more beautiful
• there are some picnic spots, where people can spend quality time with family or friends.
• Beside the Dhaka –Chittagong highway
• A human settlement
• Near the industrial area
• Near the a huge amount of natural tourism spot
• Beside the Bay of Bengal
• A ship Ghat
The name of our project is reimagining Bashbaria. Bashbaria is a tourist spot in recent years. 25 km north from main city of Chittagong, The main attraction an iron bridge which is around half km long inside the sea which is used as ship ghat.A lot of land for agriculture but due to salt tolerance and lack of knowledge for cultivation, this land remain vacant. Being a natural site and a tourist space, we develop our concept to create a ecofriendly space with multipurpose function, so that one can experience nature through view, learn and walk. People are stagnant monotonous brick, concrete, cement structure. They can’t express their feelings, thoughts and ideas for lacking of proper space. That’s the strategy to create space where people learn from nature and broaden their thoughts. To create connections, both physical and virtual, to make living Bashbaria easier, and to meet basic human needs. To improve economic, cultural and administrative connections for Bashbaria to create an attractive tourist destination, and to improve the quality of life for the city’s inhabitants.