Department of Architecture of the Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University in Abbaseya, Cairo
strip mall or strip center is a type of shopping center where the stores are arranged in a row as repetitive modular units, with a sidewalk in front and large… more
My architectural focus is in the field of innovation and research in Biophilic Design, Urban… more
Looking at the presentation of the sketches, it seems to be a very promising and valuable project, but later during its design in the digital part the meaning of the idea and the concept was lost (the digital part can be improved over time).
More care should be taken in accessing the object from the road, and pedestrians should be given priority.
Green Architecture also plays an important role in architecture which should be used with more taste and design for the building to have a natural breath.
thanks alote for very important feedback
strip mall or strip center is a type of shopping center where the stores are arranged in a row as repetitive modular units, with a sidewalk in front and large parking lots. Strip malls define our streetscapes. They are the wallflowers of thousands of streetscapes that millions of people travel daily. This project focuses on designing an innovative mixed used strip mall in New Cairo. The strip mall may be formed of one continuous mass or separate masses, it may be accessible from only the main road or also from the back. The strip mall may contain many entrances that should be designed very well with vertical circulation cores. The strip mall should offer multiple retail shops, personal services, restaurants and cafes, financial and courier services, supermarkets, electronics, kids’ shops, activities and services. One of the important factors of this project is the connection of outside and inside spaces and designing roof terraces and shaded gathering areas. Each student should study the different functions and users' circulations and determine the main concept and project theme to design an inspirational creative building form with innovative design solutions and coherent scenario.
Apply innovative architectural design solutions for complex structural systems with various functional and spatial requirements and sites.
● Exploring new and innovative structure systems for the project design.
● Use appropriate environmental control techniques and materials to specify and implement different designs to achieve sustainable measures.
● Produce and present architectural design projects using 3D models.
The idea was inspired by the movement of falling leaves and the fluctuation of waves between calm and violent,the structure system that used is space truss
- It is located in New Cairo.
➔ The total plot area is around 14,000 square meters.
➔ Footprint must not exceed 40%.
he building height should not exceed 15 meters (two floors and 50% of roof floor).
➔ Setbacks are 5 meters from the main roads and 10 meters from any neighborhood side.
The project includes 3 main functions (Retail, Food & Beverage, and Offices). The area percentage of each function ranges from 30-40% according to the proposed design.
The following spaces are required;
1. Public Spaces
● Different Entrances according to different uses.
● Atrium / Court / Nodes.
2. Retail ● Shops / Markets/ Booths/...etc.
3. Food & Beverage
● Restaurants & cafeterias provided with outdoor spaces.
4. Offices ● Branches for banks, airlines, tourism/travel agencies , …etc.
5. Services ● Horizontal & vertical circulation ● Toilets/ Storage
6. Underground car parking & services ● 2 ramps should be provided; (In and out) from basement.
7. Outdoor spaces: ● Main Plaza, promenade, …etc. ● Shaded spaces attached to shops & restaurants.